Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Sunday, August 03, 2008


Socks to Dye For

Here is the yarn dyeing in the sun. Really labor intensive.......NOT! I used 6 packages of the cheap Koolaid type flavored drink mix, cherry flavor. Placed it in the jar with hot water and a splash of vinegar. I presoaked the yarn in hot water with a glug of vinegar in it for about 20 minutes. Removed it and drained it a bit, just so I didn't make a mess when transferring it to the jar. Put the lid on it and placed it in the sun. Sit back and let nature take it course.




The dye was totally absorbed by the yarn. The water I poured out of the jar the next day was clear. I gently rinsed out any excess dye from the yarn and hung it up to dry. Here is the balled up yarn ready to knit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home