Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Spinning

This is another fiber I have been working on this Summer. It's the fiber for my brothers socks. It seems that the 10 wpi is where I am today in my spinning. Fairly consistant for the last couple of months.

Question for all you experienced spinners. Do you count the wpi before you ply it, as a single, or ply it and then count the wpi? Or does it even matter.

This is the last of the fiber that I received from the Winter Retreat. I made quite a haul in fiber. It was an interesting fiber to spin because the brown color was coarse. I'm not sure if this was caused because of the dye or just a different type of wool. The white fiber was soft as butter and spun very nicely.

The other fiber is some Churro that I was given by a lady at the Thanksgiving Point Fiber Festival in May. It was really fun spinning it because it was a novelty from batt to yarn.


2 Comments:

  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wanted to let you know that I just e-mailed you a copy of the ring code from the RingSurf admin. site. You’re listed as a member of the Fiber Arts Bloggers webring, but your blog is in the queue at the moment as you haven’t the ring code up on your blog. If you want to e-mail me when you have the ring code back up and whatnot, I’ll check it out and get you back into the ring as quickly as I can. Let me know if you need any help! :)

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Tan said…

    ply the yarn and finish it however you like, such as steaming, wash & hang to dry, or whatever, then figure out your WPI. It matters if you are going to use it to make something that has to be a particular size, not so much if it is going to be felted, made into a hat (hats always fit somebody), or whatever

     

Post a Comment

<< Home