Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Friday, November 01, 2019

October - November  The Colorful Days of Fall


This is my favorite time of the year. The brisk air in the mornings, the cool breezes, oh and I love the crunchy leaves, all make me want to curl up in my chair and knit, with a football game on TV. Happy Fall Everyone! 

Working on:

I continue to work on my Tree of Life afghan. Just about to finish the second section of trees.


Started another pair of socks. Not sure who they are for yet. Taking my time with them, so working on sock one and about to turn the heel.  Oh and yet another pair of socks. The ones on the lower right are for my Great Great Niece.  And her favorite color is rainbow. Of course!
























The Dilemma!!!!

As a crafter, or maker, as they are starting to refer to crazy people like myself, there is a fine line between making items for you to gift and being hired to make for someone else. Most of the people that I know are not necessarily excited to do the later because of the expectation of the finished item. Sometimes those expectations are from the maker themself, not just the customer. Therefore we avoid that circumstance, or I do anyway. I would rather teach you to knit, than to knit for you. I'll even buy the yarn and needles to do so.

Well......dang it.......it happened again. I didn't run fast enough I guess. But this person is so nice and kind and deserving of my help. It's a beautiful shawl. I guess I kind of did it to myself, because she loved the colors of the sock yarn above. Of course it's needed as a Christmas gift. The beginnings of my Reyna Shawl.

My shawl and colors



Original Shawl and Pattern on Ravelry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home