Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Friday, September 06, 2019

Cooler Days of September

The days will cool this month and I look forward to the end of our abnormally long hot Summer.
I have been working on a Baby Blanket for one of my closest friend's daughter. I was a 4-H leader for this young lady when she was young. Now she is a Momma of two sons.



I bought two skeins of Bernat Baby Blanket. I wanted to try it, cause it is so fat and fluffy and soft. I hoped it would make a nice baby blanket. The pattern of the first skein was crochet and I prefer knitting, so I made my own pattern. I did not realize the second skein pattern was knit.....oops!
I designed a simple cable pattern, blocked edges with garter stitch, with a few bold lines to border the cable pattern. Started August 8th, I believe, and finished on September 5, 2019. The baby arrived on August 28th.





















Going to try and complete some UFO's this month. I have couple in mind. 

* Blanket for Ronnie Jewel started 16 years ago
* Start spinning for my Icelandic Top down sweater
* Ply the peach fiber for Christmas mitts
* Continue on the Tree of Life Afghan

I have finally finished shearing my sheep and goats for the year. I am later than I should be, but my hand still gives me problems when I overuse it. And shearing overuses it alot!  Now I need to get busy cleaning and carding fiber. I will post pictures as I get the fleeces completed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home