Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Time Marches On

I am right-handed
The last year and a half have been a time of recovery for me. May of 2017, about the middle of the month, I sheared a young ewe and accidentally cut myself with the hoof nippers. It was just a small cut on the first knuckle of my index finger. A little worse than a paper cut. I was hospitalized on June 3rd with cellulitis. Three days later I had surgery and they found my right wrist was infected with staph. Thank God it was not what is considered the bad staph, but just the normal, run-of-the-mill kind.

Then it was discovered that the antibiotics were not working very well and I had to have another surgery in October of 2017, two months of IV antibiotic therapy, and six months of oral antibiotic therapy. It is believed that the infection is gone. Leaving my hand and wrist disabled.

After a lot of healing, and a lot of physical therapy, I can finally, write, knit, crochet, and craft to my desire. My hand gets tired easy, and I have made it ache and hurt, but it heals in a a day or two.

I have been able to get a few items accomplished.



Socks and Rugs

Rebekah's Socks

These two items were the first and took a long time.

 There were times I could only knit one row before the hand would hurt and become too sore.












In-braid rug. My first one. It buckles a little.


Using t-shirt yarn and making different rugs.
Making the t-shirt yarn was most of the battle.





Ambria Socks





Pretty proud of this accomplishment. I started these socks in July 2018 and they are done by September 2018. I used to be able to make a pair of socks per month, and work on my other projects

Crochet T-shirt Rug


Add caption

Last, I have been working on this Double Knit Loom rug. This sucker is stiff and thick, and it should last forever. Each stripe represents a t-shirt.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home