Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Friday, April 22, 2016

A New Year


Finally! Hoping this year, I can blog my fiber actions on the farm, and maybe sell some fiber. Why do you ask? I retired from working full time. Now I get to work full time on the farm. My retirement gift was rather special. Instead of a watch...... I received not 1 but 2 Golding Spindles for the 20+ years that I worked for Utah State University Uintah Basin. I have finished the brown alpaca that I received at the spinning guilds retreat in January, and currently working on some Wensleydale.










This is the first ewe of the season to shear. Pepper is a Shetland/Blueface cross. I will wash the fiber and take photos of the crimp, and measure it.


1 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Now THAT'S a nice retirement gift! Kudos to whoever approved it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home