Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Jeans and a T-Shirt Sock

Jeans and a T-Shirt finished April 21, 2013
Finally, a pair of socks for Me!   I purchased this fiber from one of the Lady's at my Guild's Winter Retreat.  She owns Greenwood Fiberworks.  It's 60% Superwash Merino and 30% Bamboo and 10% Nylon.  The colorway is called Copper Hills, but when I first saw it......I called it Jeans and a T-shirt.  That's the color it reminds me of.

Another new concept about these socks is the Cat's Sweet Tomato Heel.  This is the first time I've tried this new heel. I doubled the yarn for the heel and I'm not sure I like that.  I want to try her slip 1, knit 1 stitch with the next pair. There seems to be some difficulty with the fit across the instep for some folks.  I'm not experiencing that on these socks because I normally do a 64 stitch sock and these are 72.  With the patterned body of the sock it hasn't made a difference for me. 
One Sock Completed, 1 Sock partially done - Started in March 2013

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home