Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Well It Begins -- Shearing 2013

How many of these egg like rovings will make 4 ounces?
Tomorrow I start shearing the 19 animals that I need to remove their wonderful coats of fleece. I generally start with the Angora/Pygora Goats.  This year Rose will be the 1st animal to shear. This is Rose today, sheared.  She has the whitest coat of all my goats. She is an adult, so this is adult mohair.  The micron count is, (when testing comes back).  It can be sent to you raw, washed and carded into sweet little egg like roving, or hand spun if you desire. 

Cost will be by the ounce:

  • $1.20 for raw fiber
  • $3.50 for scoured and carded into roving
  • $4.00 for spun yarn 2 or 3 ply

Shipping will be, actual cost, to your destination. If you are interested, please message me with you email address and I will get back with you.  Thanks for looking. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home