Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Wish our weather would cooperate with my shearing schedule - Rose

  I've only been able to complete 1 animal.  Rose is done except for trimming her hooves. Our weather just won't settle down into Spring.  I hoped to come home from work today and shear Grace.  The wind is just howling and cold.  I hate to shear them in that kind of weather.  Here is a picture of the sheared Rose.  As I've said she is the whitest of my does and very sweet.  I wanted to get a before picture, but the camera was not charged.  Maybe the next one.  I can take a picture of Grace, but she is.....I believe.....more cashmere in fiber content.  There is lots of guard hairs in her fiber and I'm not going to process it. I don't have the right equipment, nor the patience to get all those guard hairs out. I have last years fiber saved and hoped to send both years off to the mill in May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home