Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Blog or Ravelry

IPod/Kindle cover
It seems I post to Ravelry more than I post to my Blog.  I don't see myself as special so to post my projects to Ravelry seems correct.  Most of my family is on Ravelry as well, so that also makes it difficult to Blog.

It's time to  break that thought.  It's the end of February 2013 and there is lots to do on the farm.  Shearing will start very soon.

I have been knitting and spinning up a storm and have several pairs of socks completed.  I'm working on two pair right now.   Here are pictures of a few of the Christmas projects that I completed.....some before Christmas.....some after.  I'm not using handspun yarn here.  The receiver does not want to handwash, so it is easier to just purchase superwash wool to make them.  The IPOD/Kindle cover is just left over wool from years ago.  It's a nice stash buster. Need to find toggle wood buttons for it, but my little area doesn't seem to have them.  I may have to resort to velcro.





The socks are called Melissa socks.  They were made for Melissa......makes sense.  Yarn is from Knit Picks.  Nice Superwash wool, for ease in laundering. My camera did not do the colorway justice.  The backdrop is my woven jean rag rug.






Last, my Dear Nephew has created an anatomically correct snow MAN.  Hopefully, this will not offend anyone.  He looks a little evil to me. 

Can see the city lights in the back ground.  That's a population of about 6,000.  Winter is rural Northeastern Utah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home