Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Fall Retreat

My local spinning guild is having their Fall Retreat this coming weekend, September 15, 16, 17th. I really am excited to go. I really enjoy the people and I'm going to learn how to navajo ply. So I had to spin this fiber to learn on. It was suggested that the best ply for a varigated yarn was the navajo ply and I don't know how to do it. Since I seem to be attracted to the varigated fleeces, I better learn how to ply them properly. This is two bobbins of Fall Squall, (the name of the color way), that I have worked up. I'm not sure the pictures are very clear, but one of them has brighter colors and darker browns. I really like this one and have decided to make a pair of socks out of it. The other bobbin I will learn to ply with. It hasn't told me what it wants to be yet, so I guess we'll see what it says after it has been navajo plyed.