Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005



The Yarn Dyed

First time dyeing yarn. Made some mistakes, it's tie dyed, but that's what it's all about......learning. As the pictures describe, I used 2 packages of Ice Blue Raspberry and Lemonade KoolAid, a splash (1/3 cup) of alum, because I thought that was suppose to brighten the color, but I'm not sure it did.

Did the dye job in a glass gallon jar (as seen above). I processed in the sun for about 4 hours. Actually I got busy and forgot it. When I came back. Whaaaalaaaaa! The water was clear and the yarn was dyed. I think I will do a felted purse out of it. That way the tie dyed portion will not be critical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home