Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005


Felted Lucy Bag

The first wash cycle didn't do much of anything, so we're going in for another one. I can't believe the amount of fiber that is coming off of this purse.

After 4 washing cycles in hot water the purse has not shrunk like I anticipated it would do. It is much too large and not what I expected. The finished length measures 16 1/2 inches and the diameter is 29 1/2 inches. The bottom looks like a mushroom top because the sides shrunk more than the bottom did, and the straps are huge. I actually think they have grown in length instead of shrinking. The longest strap measures 44 1/2 inches long and the shorter one is 22 inches long. Not what I expected, but I'm going to cut the straps off and put a brim on the purse to shorten it's overall length, reattach the straps and refelt. I think it will work better for me then. It was a good experience for me and I enjoyed it.