Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Catching UP!

Went out to post some information on a new project.......and OMG......I haven't posted since February. No Way......I'm better than that. Nope, it's true. I've been a bad girl. Life has just gotten in the way.

March brought open heart surgery to the recipient of the sweater. I told him, "You can't check out now, the sweater isn't done" Thank God.....he did not pass and he is recuperating nicely. The sweater progress was on a hold until my sister and I could conference about it. We were able to do that in April and now I can continue to finish sleeve 1 and continue to sleeve 2.

February 3rd, 2010 also brought a new little Great Grand Daughter. Can I be that old????? Yep, I can. She was born at 25 weeks gestation and she is still not out of the hospital, but gosh, a new precious little life like that needs a new blanket, hand made by Great Grandma......Right! So I started that project about the end of March. Still working on that one too. The picture of Abcyd (ab - ce - de) was taken in April. She was recently moved out of the Neonatal ICU and last I knew was approaching 4 pounds. Her actual due date was to be May 14th. She still needs to work on sucking before she can go home. But it looks like it will be soon. The finished blanket will say Great Grandma Loves Abcyd, framed with Baby and hearts. Mini kitty had to get into the picture as well.

Then........I swear it is not my fault. Every time I walked by that empty loom the thing just cried at me, and would call to me. So I warped it up with some old rug warp that I had laying around. Didn't have enough of any of the colors for a rug so I thought I would use all 3 colors for the warp on a rag rug made out of jeans. Looks like it is going to turn out pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home