Rocking Circle P

Rocking Circle P is my small farm in Northeastern rural Utah. We're a small fruit, nut and fiber farm.

Friday, October 16, 2009

New Project

I'm about rugged out for a little while. However, I do want to try weaving a rug. I have tons of old jean strips that I want to make into a rag rug, or maybe braid a rug. Anyway, now......I'm working on weaving a towel. I've been working on this towel for several months. Warping for the log cabin pattern took a long time. As I said, this is suppose to be a log cabin pattern......NOT! Obviously, I don't read weaving patterns (drafts), as well as I can knitting patterns. This is only my 3rd attempt at weaving, so I'm still a beginner. There's enough warp on this to get 2 towels out of it so, there is always the next one to get it right!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Come Join the Weavolution at http://www.weavolution.com and meet others working on rug projects and learning all about the ins and outs of weaving. To perfect answer to living in a rural area with no weaving guild nearby.

    Check it out.

    Claudia, Weavolution co-founder

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    Your log cabin project looks a little bit like mine! You can see it at: http://weavingstuff.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html

    I used crochet thread and am happy with how it came out. I also posted a couple pics to the Yahoo RH group.
    - Mary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home